St Albans theatre to celebrate British Science Week
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans theatre is celebrating British Science Week with a programme of themed shows and events.
The SandPit Theatre, at Sandringham School in The Ridgeway, has organised a host of scientific shows from Friday, March 10 to Sunday, March 19.
This year’s theme for British Science Week is ‘Change’, and the school has organised a Science Soapbox on Monday, March 13, which is a free evening of mini-lectures from staff and students. There will also be a lecture on chemical weapons from guest speaker James Tickler, from The Centre for Applied Science and Technology.
Children can attend the annual free chemistry show on Tuesday, March 14, where Sandringham’s science staff will demonstrate fun experiments, with whizzing rockets and flashing chemicals.
On Wednesday, March 15, The Last Baguette Company will perform their science-based show ‘What’s The Matter? A Quantum Comedy’, as seen at The British Science Festival. The story follows a scientist who shrinks and travels into the subatomic world to find his missing cat. The show aims to make science fun and accessible for young children.
You may also want to watch:
The British Science Association is also running a competition to design a scientific poster on the theme of ‘change’. Anyone who wants to enter should tweet their poster and tag @Sandpittheatre with the hashtags #BritishScienceWeek and #BSW17.
All performances are at 6pm, and tickets are available from the box office on 01727 799565 or at www.sandpittheatre.co.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall