Update on St Albans shopping centre sponsored guide dog
- Credit: Archant
A guide dog sponsored by a St Albans shopping centre is doing well in her training.
Malty The Maltings puppy is just over six months old, and is being trained by Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy walker Janet.
The shopping centre bid in a charity auction to sponsor Malty at a St George’s Day lunch in April and won the privilege to name and follow the dog’s progress through training.
She has now been fully vaccinated, presented with her first puppy training blue jacket and ridden the bus and train, as well as enjoying a 10-day trip to Cornwall.
Down in the south, she enjoyed running on the beech, paddling in the sea, and settled in comfortably with the unfamiliar surroundings.
You may also want to watch:
Malty will attend a number of fundraising events over the coming weeks.
Maltings Centre Manager, Phil Corrigan, said: “It’s great to hear that Malty is doing so well with her training.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
“The centre is offering space for activities again this year which are crucial to help raise funds and awareness of Guide Dogs for the Blind within the St Albans area.
“We hosted two events in 2017 which raised nearly £700, our next fundraising event at the Maltings will be on Saturday April 7 where we hope to see a great turn out – it would be fabulous if we could get to that magical £1000.”