St Albans thanksgiving service rescheduled for next year, but Bereavement Matters fundraising event taking place tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A charity’s annual service of thanksgiving and remembrance, usually held in November, has been rescheduled for next May.
But Elizabeth Arden at Boots in St Albans is holding a fundraising evening tomorrow night (9) to raise funds for the charity, Bereavement Matters.
The annual service has been moved to May because it is a time of new beginnings and fresh growth. Chair of Bereavement Matters, the Rt Rev John Gladwin, said: “We believe this better sums up what the service offers to us all.”
He said that the service, which would now be held in St Albans Cathedral on May 7 next year and preceded by the release of doves, was open to all and those who had experienced it on previous occasions knew how moving and healing it could be.
He added: “2017 is also the 15th anniversary of the founding of Bereavement Matters so this will be a very special occasion.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow night’s fundraising evening runs from 7pm and tickets at £5 are available from Elizabeth Arden at Boots or the Bereavement Matters office in Catherine Street, St Albans.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire