St Albans thanksgiving service rescheduled for next year, but Bereavement Matters fundraising event taking place tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A charity’s annual service of thanksgiving and remembrance, usually held in November, has been rescheduled for next May.
But Elizabeth Arden at Boots in St Albans is holding a fundraising evening tomorrow night (9) to raise funds for the charity, Bereavement Matters.
The annual service has been moved to May because it is a time of new beginnings and fresh growth. Chair of Bereavement Matters, the Rt Rev John Gladwin, said: “We believe this better sums up what the service offers to us all.”
He said that the service, which would now be held in St Albans Cathedral on May 7 next year and preceded by the release of doves, was open to all and those who had experienced it on previous occasions knew how moving and healing it could be.
He added: “2017 is also the 15th anniversary of the founding of Bereavement Matters so this will be a very special occasion.”
Tomorrow night’s fundraising evening runs from 7pm and tickets at £5 are available from Elizabeth Arden at Boots or the Bereavement Matters office in Catherine Street, St Albans.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park