St Albans telecoms company’s year-long charity vow
A ST ALBANS telecommunications company has pledged to raise �2,000 towards local charity Reach Out Plus over the next year.
500 Limited, which is based in George Street, supplies communications systems for small to medium-sized businesses, and will be holding various fundraising activities throughout the year on behalf of the charity.
Reach Out Plus offers life-changing experiences to young people from Herts and Beds, specifically those with disabilities and special needs, and is celebrating its 30th birthday with a target of raising �250,000 this year.
One of the charity’s initiatives is providing canal boats to groups so they can learn to interact with other people in order to help them develop skills and life experiences.
In the first of 500 Limited’s fundraising activities, Maggie Wright, wife of the company’s sales and marketing boss Chris, will be joining Reach Out Plus for their big skydive event on July 2.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie, who has multiple sclerosis, said she is looking forward to the day with a mixture of fear and excitement: “Whilst I suffer from MS, it is currently stable and I’m very much aware that there are others a lot worse off than I am. That’s why I’m delighted to help with Reach Out Plus’ excellent project.
“Whilst Chris works with 500 Limited in St Albans, we live near the canal in Hemel Hempstead and I’ve admired the work Reach Out Plus do as they give great days out to less fortunate kids.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 6 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
Other activities planned through the year include cricket matches, barbecues and a day out on one of Reach Out Plus’ canal boats. 500 Limited are also planning to donate 10 per cent of their profits for every new hosted telephony sale made during the month of June.
Chris Wright added: “We can really create a win, win, win situation here. Our hosted telephony services are ideal for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a cost-effective solution as they grow; we at 500 Limited obviously want to be involved with supplying services to local businesses; and at the same time we can help this great charity. Any business who wants to upgrade their phone system and help Reach Out Plus can get in touch with us through our web site at www.500.uk.com.”