St Albans teens in trouble in Newquay
TWO St Albans teenagers have had more than a brush with the law while on holiday in Newquay, Cornwall, this week.
In unrelated incidents, a 16-year-old girl was badly injured after a drunken tumble from her first-floor window and a 16-year-old boy was arrested after a disturbance.
The girl badly broke her arm and was taken to hospital, but released later that day.
Devon and Cornwall Police said they had spoken to the girl’s mother who had said: “I made it very clear to my daughter that I didn’t want her to go, but she went again my wishes.”
The teenage boy was arrested during a disturbance in East Street and found to be in possession of a Taser-style stun gun. He was bailed and must return to Newquay Police Station on September 6, pending forensic analysis of the gun. In the meantime, he has been banned from the town between 8pm and 6am.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known if the two teens are in the same group of holidaymakers.
There has been an increase in teenagers going to Newquay with alcohol.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems