St Albans teenager Seriously ill after collapsing this morning
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday). The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am. Paramedics from Borehamwood and
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday).
The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.
Paramedics from Borehamwood and St Albans attended the scene and the teenager was conveyed to hospital, where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "The boy was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics before being conveyed to the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City. He was in a critical condition."
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended the scene as it was initially thought that the teenager would need to be airlifted to hospital.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire