St Albans teenager Seriously ill after collapsing this morning
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday). The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am. Paramedics from Borehamwood and
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday).
The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.
Paramedics from Borehamwood and St Albans attended the scene and the teenager was conveyed to hospital, where he is in a serious but stable condition.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "The boy was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics before being conveyed to the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City. He was in a critical condition."
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended the scene as it was initially thought that the teenager would need to be airlifted to hospital.
- 1 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 2 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate