St Albans teenager punched unconscious
ST ALBANS: A teenager was knocked unconscious on Friday evening after being punched in the street by a man who got out of a taxi to hit him.
The 17 year old from St Albans was with two friends in Sutton Road between 10.30pm and 11pm when a taxi drew up and the passengers started to shout abuse at the trio.
One man got out of the taxi and punched the teenager, knocking him unconscious before getting back into the vehicle which drove off.
The victim was taken to QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City before being transferred to Addenbrookes in Oxford.
The attacker is described as a white man in his mid 20s to early 30s who was around 5ft 9ins tall, of stocky build with short dark brown hair. He was wearing a blue t-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
The second suspect is a white man of a similar age, approximately 5ft 5ins tall, of slim build and with short ginger hair. He was wearing a black jacket and a t-shirt which was either red or brightly coloured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0845 3300 222 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts