St Albans Teenager Dies after falling ill suddenly
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.Paramedics from Bor
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.
The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.
Paramedics from Borehamwood and St Albans attended the scene and the teenager was conveyed to hospital, where he later died.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "The boy was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics before being conveyed to the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City. Sadly, after everyone’s best efforts, he was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are firmly with his family at this tragic time"
Police were in attendance but are not treating the death as suspicious and were present in the event that an air ambulance needed to land.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 7 St Albans MP unveils new state-of-the art teaching centre as part of multi-million pound Oaklands College redevelopment
- 8 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village