St Albans Teenager Dies after falling ill suddenly
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.Paramedics from Bor
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.
The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.
Paramedics from Borehamwood and St Albans attended the scene and the teenager was conveyed to hospital, where he later died.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "The boy was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics before being conveyed to the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City. Sadly, after everyone’s best efforts, he was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are firmly with his family at this tragic time"
You may also want to watch:
Police were in attendance but are not treating the death as suspicious and were present in the event that an air ambulance needed to land.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'