St Albans Teenager Dies after falling ill suddenly
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.Paramedics from Bor
A TEENAGE boy who was taken to hospital after collapsing in his home this morning (Friday) has died.
The 999 call was made from the property in Beechwood Avenue, St Albans, after the 16-year-old was taken suddenly ill at around 9.30am.
Paramedics from Borehamwood and St Albans attended the scene and the teenager was conveyed to hospital, where he later died.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "The boy was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics before being conveyed to the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City. Sadly, after everyone’s best efforts, he was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are firmly with his family at this tragic time"
You may also want to watch:
Police were in attendance but are not treating the death as suspicious and were present in the event that an air ambulance needed to land.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street