St Albans teen model campaigns for crown
A DANCING queen from St Albans who enjoys dressing up with her friends is in the running for the Miss Teen Princess UK competition. 14-year-old Georgia Garofalo, of Pondfield Crescent, is one of 50 finalists for the junior section of Miss Teen Queen UK,
A DANCING queen from St Albans who enjoys dressing up with her friends is in the running for the Miss Teen Princess UK competition.
14-year-old Georgia Garofalo, of Pondfield Crescent, is one of 50 finalists for the junior section of Miss Teen Queen UK, an annual competition which seeks out the country's most fashionable girls and offers them modelling contracts.
Georgia, a pupil at Sandringham School, said that her mother Diane encouraged her to enter the competition: "Mum saw the Teen Queen advert and we both thought, why not? It's just a bit of fun really and I'm always keen for a challenge. Plus I got to go down to London and have my photo taken professionally!"
Georgia, who does six dance classes a week, said that she had to encourage as many people to vote for her as possible: "I'm lucky enough to have really good friends who are all behind me, but my mission is to get the whole school voting for me! I'd love the opportunity to go through to the finalist's beauty pageant next year."
You may also want to watch:
Georgia has so far collected 69 votes and to help increase her tally, you can vote by phone on 0901 656 1530 (choose option 13) or by text to 84205 (sending Georgia's full name).
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping