St Albans teen model campaigns for crown
A DANCING queen from St Albans who enjoys dressing up with her friends is in the running for the Miss Teen Princess UK competition. 14-year-old Georgia Garofalo, of Pondfield Crescent, is one of 50 finalists for the junior section of Miss Teen Queen UK,
A DANCING queen from St Albans who enjoys dressing up with her friends is in the running for the Miss Teen Princess UK competition.
14-year-old Georgia Garofalo, of Pondfield Crescent, is one of 50 finalists for the junior section of Miss Teen Queen UK, an annual competition which seeks out the country's most fashionable girls and offers them modelling contracts.
Georgia, a pupil at Sandringham School, said that her mother Diane encouraged her to enter the competition: "Mum saw the Teen Queen advert and we both thought, why not? It's just a bit of fun really and I'm always keen for a challenge. Plus I got to go down to London and have my photo taken professionally!"
Georgia, who does six dance classes a week, said that she had to encourage as many people to vote for her as possible: "I'm lucky enough to have really good friends who are all behind me, but my mission is to get the whole school voting for me! I'd love the opportunity to go through to the finalist's beauty pageant next year."
You may also want to watch:
Georgia has so far collected 69 votes and to help increase her tally, you can vote by phone on 0901 656 1530 (choose option 13) or by text to 84205 (sending Georgia's full name).
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 8 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador