St Albans Synagogue shopping spree bid for homeless
SYNAGOGUE members are urging shoppers to go on a spree for the young homeless of Herts on Sunday. Members of St Albans Masosrti Synagogue (SAMS) are joining forces with Sainsbury s in Everard Close, St Albans, for Mitzvah Day to help the Herts Young Homel
SYNAGOGUE members are urging shoppers to go on a spree for the young homeless of Herts on Sunday.
Members of St Albans Masosrti Synagogue (SAMS) are joining forces with Sainsbury's in Everard Close, St Albans, for Mitzvah Day to help the Herts Young Homeless Group (HYHG).
The charity finds homes for young adults and the aim is to collect items for everyday home use from a toothbrush to bedding and kitchen cookware.
SAMS members with HYHG staff will be at the entrance to the store from 10am to 4pm handing out special shopping lists asking customers to purchase homeware for the homeless.
As they leave the store, shoppers can drop off their gifts in a special trolley. The goods will then be sorted into packs and presented to the young adults when they are most needed.
Said SAMS committee member Liz Oppedijk: "It's wonderful to be able to help these young people with practical problems that impact on daily life.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
"For those who donate, even one small item, you get the immediate satisfaction of giving and seeing how your charitable contribution is being used in a way that makes a real difference to young people's lives.