St Albans Synagogue shopping spree bid for homeless
SYNAGOGUE members are urging shoppers to go on a spree for the young homeless of Herts on Sunday. Members of St Albans Masosrti Synagogue (SAMS) are joining forces with Sainsbury s in Everard Close, St Albans, for Mitzvah Day to help the Herts Young Homel
SYNAGOGUE members are urging shoppers to go on a spree for the young homeless of Herts on Sunday.
Members of St Albans Masosrti Synagogue (SAMS) are joining forces with Sainsbury's in Everard Close, St Albans, for Mitzvah Day to help the Herts Young Homeless Group (HYHG).
The charity finds homes for young adults and the aim is to collect items for everyday home use from a toothbrush to bedding and kitchen cookware.
SAMS members with HYHG staff will be at the entrance to the store from 10am to 4pm handing out special shopping lists asking customers to purchase homeware for the homeless.
You may also want to watch:
As they leave the store, shoppers can drop off their gifts in a special trolley. The goods will then be sorted into packs and presented to the young adults when they are most needed.
Said SAMS committee member Liz Oppedijk: "It's wonderful to be able to help these young people with practical problems that impact on daily life.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 7 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
"For those who donate, even one small item, you get the immediate satisfaction of giving and seeing how your charitable contribution is being used in a way that makes a real difference to young people's lives.