St Albans support charity receives generous donation
- Credit: Archant
A support charity has received a generous sum in recognition of the work it does with families.
Home-Start Herts in St Albans collected £2,000 as part of the Lloyds Market Charity Awards 2016 which is organised by Lloyds Charities Trust.
The initiative provides a number of Lloyd’s employees with money which can then be passed on to a charity of their choice.
It was launched in 2007 and since then more than £454,000 has been donated to more than 296 charities.
The Trust’s chairman, Chris Harman, presented the money to Home-Start at a gala reception in the underwriting room in the Lloyds building after a father-of-three and employee at the organisation nominated it as the beneficiary of the cash.
You may also want to watch:
Suzy Moody from Home-Start commented: “We were really proud to represent Home-Start at such an inspirational event, alongside so many other amazing charities and people that are providing support and lifelines to help people through some of their darkest days.
She added that the charity received “fantastic support from businesses” with the initiative being another example of how a company can make “a real difference”.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 3 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery