St Albans support charity receives generous donation
- Credit: Archant
A support charity has received a generous sum in recognition of the work it does with families.
Home-Start Herts in St Albans collected £2,000 as part of the Lloyds Market Charity Awards 2016 which is organised by Lloyds Charities Trust.
The initiative provides a number of Lloyd’s employees with money which can then be passed on to a charity of their choice.
It was launched in 2007 and since then more than £454,000 has been donated to more than 296 charities.
The Trust’s chairman, Chris Harman, presented the money to Home-Start at a gala reception in the underwriting room in the Lloyds building after a father-of-three and employee at the organisation nominated it as the beneficiary of the cash.
You may also want to watch:
Suzy Moody from Home-Start commented: “We were really proud to represent Home-Start at such an inspirational event, alongside so many other amazing charities and people that are providing support and lifelines to help people through some of their darkest days.
She added that the charity received “fantastic support from businesses” with the initiative being another example of how a company can make “a real difference”.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield