St Albans Students Quiz Controversial MP
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week. Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was a
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MEP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week.
Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was at St Albans School in Abbey Gateway on Thursday.
Even though he discovered at a briefing with the school's head of politics and a couple of senior students that the school had omitted UKIP from the represented parties at a mock election, Mr Farage showed himself to be a charismatic speaker.
He explained why he was against Britain being part of a European Government without being anti-European himself.
You may also want to watch:
"I've worked for a French man, I'm married to a German and I've drunk more Rioja than anyone in this room," he said.
Mr Farage, who was accompanied by St Albans UKIP parliamentary candidate John Stocker, was challenged by the students who put forward strong and sometimes subversive arguments to which he responded.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently