St Albans Students Quiz Controversial MP
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week. Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was a
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MEP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week.
Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was at St Albans School in Abbey Gateway on Thursday.
Even though he discovered at a briefing with the school's head of politics and a couple of senior students that the school had omitted UKIP from the represented parties at a mock election, Mr Farage showed himself to be a charismatic speaker.
He explained why he was against Britain being part of a European Government without being anti-European himself.
You may also want to watch:
"I've worked for a French man, I'm married to a German and I've drunk more Rioja than anyone in this room," he said.
Mr Farage, who was accompanied by St Albans UKIP parliamentary candidate John Stocker, was challenged by the students who put forward strong and sometimes subversive arguments to which he responded.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 5 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living