St Albans Students Quiz Controversial MP
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week. Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was a
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MEP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week.
Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was at St Albans School in Abbey Gateway on Thursday.
Even though he discovered at a briefing with the school's head of politics and a couple of senior students that the school had omitted UKIP from the represented parties at a mock election, Mr Farage showed himself to be a charismatic speaker.
He explained why he was against Britain being part of a European Government without being anti-European himself.
You may also want to watch:
"I've worked for a French man, I'm married to a German and I've drunk more Rioja than anyone in this room," he said.
Mr Farage, who was accompanied by St Albans UKIP parliamentary candidate John Stocker, was challenged by the students who put forward strong and sometimes subversive arguments to which he responded.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs