St Albans Students Quiz Controversial MP
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week. Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was a
OUTSPOKEN UKIP MEP Nigel Farage proved a challenge to a group of sixth form politics students at a St Albans school last week.
Mr Farage, who hit the headlines when he launched a tirade against European Council President Herman van Rompuy last month, was at St Albans School in Abbey Gateway on Thursday.
Even though he discovered at a briefing with the school's head of politics and a couple of senior students that the school had omitted UKIP from the represented parties at a mock election, Mr Farage showed himself to be a charismatic speaker.
He explained why he was against Britain being part of a European Government without being anti-European himself.
You may also want to watch:
"I've worked for a French man, I'm married to a German and I've drunk more Rioja than anyone in this room," he said.
Mr Farage, who was accompanied by St Albans UKIP parliamentary candidate John Stocker, was challenged by the students who put forward strong and sometimes subversive arguments to which he responded.
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park