St Albans students’ fashion show raises cash for Cancer Research
A BUSINESS set up by students at a St Albans school has raised over �750 for Cancer Research with its latest project.
The students at Loreto College organised a prom dress fashion show which hit the catwalk last week and raised an impressive amount for the charity that they had chosen.
Working in tandem with Just Between Us, a dress hire shop in the city, the students were involved in all aspects of the show’s organisation, modelling the dresses and collaborating with other business in St Albans to provide raffle prizes for the event.
The proprietor of Just Between Us asked the NVQ students to suggest a marketing strategy to inform school pupils about her new line in prom dresses and the students suggested a fashion show.
The students’ business is part of their NVQ course in business and administration, a course specifically designed to teach students about business in a practical way. They have their own office within the school and from this they run their business which they have called ‘Kani’.
You may also want to watch:
Over the two years of the course, the students must run their business and raise money for a charity.
The enterprising students made cakes to sell at the event and had support and donated raffle prizes from St Albans-based businesses.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests