St Albans student through to Miss England semi-finals
A STUNNING student from St Albans has made it through to the semi-finals of the Miss England competition. Jemma Allen, aged 21, of New House Park, scored over 500 online votes to take her through to the penultimate stage of the national pageant, which wil
A STUNNING student from St Albans has made it through to the semi-finals of the Miss England competition.
Jemma Allen, aged 21, of New House Park, scored over 500 online votes to take her through to the penultimate stage of the national pageant, which will be held at Champneys Springs in London next June.
Jemma, who learnt of her success on Monday, said that she believed her devotion to fundraising - including her work with Breast Cancer Research and the Cystic Fibrosis Trust - was enough to get her through to the semi-finals of the competition.
"My enthusiasm for charity work was evident from my very first application form and I think it will help me in the Miss England competition. I'm already looking forward to the next stage in June."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "I'm very grateful to the public for voting for me in the quarter-finals and I think my chances of winning the competition are quite good. I'd love to represent England in the Miss World beauty pageant."
For more information about the Miss England competition and to follow Jemma's progress, visit www.missengland.info
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414