St Albans student through to Miss England semi-finals
A STUNNING student from St Albans has made it through to the semi-finals of the Miss England competition. Jemma Allen, aged 21, of New House Park, scored over 500 online votes to take her through to the penultimate stage of the national pageant, which wil
A STUNNING student from St Albans has made it through to the semi-finals of the Miss England competition.
Jemma Allen, aged 21, of New House Park, scored over 500 online votes to take her through to the penultimate stage of the national pageant, which will be held at Champneys Springs in London next June.
Jemma, who learnt of her success on Monday, said that she believed her devotion to fundraising - including her work with Breast Cancer Research and the Cystic Fibrosis Trust - was enough to get her through to the semi-finals of the competition.
"My enthusiasm for charity work was evident from my very first application form and I think it will help me in the Miss England competition. I'm already looking forward to the next stage in June."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "I'm very grateful to the public for voting for me in the quarter-finals and I think my chances of winning the competition are quite good. I'd love to represent England in the Miss World beauty pageant."
For more information about the Miss England competition and to follow Jemma's progress, visit www.missengland.info
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind