St Albans store to host body building superstar Jay Cutler
- Credit: Archant
A small nutrition shop newly settled in a St Albans street will be hosting a body building superstar expected to attract fans from across the country.
More Than Nutrition on Catherine Street, which opened just three months ago, will be visited by four-times Mr Olympia winner Jay Cutler on Tuesday (30).
The world renowned body builder has a strong following and as many as 1,000 are expected to flock to the shop to catch a glimpse of the star.
Beating an estimated 500 shops and gyms pining to host Mr Cutler, More Than Nutrition will be his only stop in the south of the UK on the worldwide tour.
Co-owner of the business, Amir Hezareh, said: “The whole of London, the whole of the South wanted him, all the gyms. We don’t know what’s going on, this is unheard of.
You may also want to watch:
“Any new business, the first 12 months it’s a question of ‘are they going to survive, are they going to survive?’, but within a month of opening they were calling us up saying ‘we want to use your premises’.
Liam Smith, co-owner and business partner with Amir, added: “You only have to look at his Instagram pages to see that when he goes to a place he attracts thousands of fans.”
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
Amir added that more celebrity visits were in the pipeline.
Jay Cutler’s visit will take place from 10am until midday and the meet and greet is on a first come, first serve basis.