Full steam ahead at St Albans Steam and Country Show
- Credit: Archant
Herts Steam Engine Preservation Society held its annual steam rally in St Albans last weekend.
More than 30 full-size steam engines were on display at the event, which took place at the Oaklands College Smallford Campus on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2.
The show also featured old farm tractors and classic cars and lorries to illustrate Hertfordshire's agricultural and industrial heritage. Visitors were able to watch demonstrations of how the old equipment, including a working sawbench, thrashing machine, stone crusher and more, were used in the past.
There were also stalls, fairground rides and refreshments for visitors, including a licensed bar.
Herts Steam Engine Preservation Society chairman Mark Waits said: "It was nice and hot and we had plenty of people through the gates.
You may also want to watch:
"All sections were fully booked and we've had lots of positive feedback."
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold