Council CCTV operator praised for spotting trespassers at St Albans station
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested at St Albans City station on Monday after being spotted on CCTV by a council operator.
The operator was monitoring the CCTV system, which covers much of the city centre, in the early hours of Monday morning. He called police after seeing a group of men behaving suspiciously.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of trespassing, possession of a bladed article and possession of class B drugs, a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and possession of an offensive weapon, and a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of breaching a community order and the theft of a bike.
Cllr Jacqui Taylor, portfolio holder for housing, inclusion and protection, said: "Our CCTV operator deserves high praise for spotting this suspicious activity and alerting the police so quickly.
"This incident shows the importance of our CCTV system in combatting crime in and around the city centre and deterring potential offenders.
You may also want to watch:
"Together with partners like the British Transport Police and Hertfordshire Constabulary, we are determined to make our streets and businesses as safe as they can be."
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire