Council CCTV operator praised for spotting trespassers at St Albans station
- Credit: Archant
Three men were arrested at St Albans City station on Monday after being spotted on CCTV by a council operator.
The operator was monitoring the CCTV system, which covers much of the city centre, in the early hours of Monday morning. He called police after seeing a group of men behaving suspiciously.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of trespassing, possession of a bladed article and possession of class B drugs, a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of trespassing and possession of an offensive weapon, and a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of breaching a community order and the theft of a bike.
Cllr Jacqui Taylor, portfolio holder for housing, inclusion and protection, said: "Our CCTV operator deserves high praise for spotting this suspicious activity and alerting the police so quickly.
"This incident shows the importance of our CCTV system in combatting crime in and around the city centre and deterring potential offenders.
You may also want to watch:
"Together with partners like the British Transport Police and Hertfordshire Constabulary, we are determined to make our streets and businesses as safe as they can be."
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping