St Albans start-up gets leg-up from The Prince’s Trust
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pet sitting start-up has been given a leg-up by The Prince’s Trust.
Albany Pet Services, the brainchild of local Lisa Sinott, 28, was granted £3,000, and she’s now working with a business mentor.
Lisa said: “My love of animals was the main driver for wanting to start my business, and it has been great to be awarded this start-up loan.
“I wouldn’t have been able to fund my business while I am establishing it, so receiving the support of The Prince’s Trust has been a really exciting and positive step for me.”
Lisa grew up with a love for animals, leading her to a dog recall course, and a dog walking diploma.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa’s mentor, businessman Peter Barker, said: “I have been so impressed with Lisa’s passion and drive to get the business off the ground.
She has the right attitude to really make this a success.”
To find out more about the business, visit www.albanypetservices.co.uk
For more about the Trust, visit www.princes-trust.org.uk
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden