Man charged in connection with St Albans stabbing investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 54-year-old man from St Albans has been charged with GBH following a stabbing in the city centre early on Wednesday morning – and police have launched an appeal for witnesses to to come forward.
The victim suffered three stab wounds during the incident, which happened at 5.20am in St Peter's Street.
Police are asking if motorists saw a man walking across the junction at St Peter's Street and into Victoria Street in the city centre.
Det Con Richard Staff from Hatfield Safeguarding, who is investigating, said: "I want to appeal to those passers-by who may have seen the suspect walking around to get in contact with us as you may have information that could help us solve this case. Please get in touch with information, no matter small.
"This incident is an isolated incident between two people who we believe know each other. Thankfully the victim's injuries are not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
"I know incidents like this can be alarming but we are doing everything we can to protect the public, including conducting extra patrols in the area."
The suspect - who police have not named - has also been charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public place. He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on Monday, January 6.
Anyone who has information should contact DC Staff on email@example.com or the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 41/107160/19. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire