St Albans snapper wins awards at national photography competition
- Credit: Archant
A family photographer from the city has snapped up three national accolades at one of the UK’s leading photography competitions.
Stephanie Belton from St Albans who specialises in baby, children and family photography, earned third place in the Top Ten People Photographer of the Year category and was runner up for the Image of the Year Award - in both the members’ and judges’ choices - at the Guild of Professional Photographers Awards. She has been working in and around St Albans, Harpenden and Wheathampstead since 2005 and runs beginner photography courses in St Albans for those who want to learn to how to use DSLR cameras.
She said: “I am absolutely thrilled and would like to thank both the Guild and my customers for their amazing support throughout the past year.
“The competition has been such a roller coaster ride; my friend Nina, also a photographer, and I have really been pushing each other, even though we are technically competitors.
“Our styles are very different and both benefit hugely from helping each other out.
You may also want to watch:
“I actually met Nina back in 2011 when she took part in my photography course in St Albans so I am especially proud to see how well she has done!”
Steve Thirsk, the guild’s director, said: “In her first year of joining the Guild, Stephanie Belton has steamrolled through the competition.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
“She has also been awarded a place in our ‘Photographers Bar’ a unique distinction that very few photographers have received.”