St Albans snapper joins David Bailey exhibition
SNAPPING some night-time scenes earned an amateur photographer from Harpenden a spot at a David Bailey exhibition. Craig Shepheard, 41, of Townsend Drive, won a competition last month for a new Nokia camera phone and, as part of his prize, he was commiss
SNAPPING some night-time scenes earned an amateur photographer from St Albans a spot at a David Bailey exhibition.
Craig Shepheard, 41, of Townsend Drive, won a competition last month for a new Nokia camera phone and, as part of his prize, he was commissioned to take photos of night-time activity to form part of a photography exhibition in London.
The exhibition, Alive at Night, was commissioned by Nokia and was designed to promote the new N86 phone 8MP camera phone. Mr Bailey's photos, all of which were taken on the mobile phone, formed the main part of the exhibition at the Old Dairy near Russell Square last month.
Among the photos Craig showed at the exhibition were one of a railway worker on a late-night shift at St Albans station and others of his work colleagues, who often survey buildings at night-time.
You may also want to watch:
Craig, an engineer consultant, said that it was an honour to have his work shown at the exhibition: "I've been interested in photography ever since the age of 14 and have become more serious about it recently. This competition couldn't have come at a better time and I'm proud of my achievement."
To see all of Craig's work, log on to his photography website www.youhavebeenphotographed.com
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?