St Albans snapper joins David Bailey exhibition
SNAPPING some night-time scenes earned an amateur photographer from Harpenden a spot at a David Bailey exhibition. Craig Shepheard, 41, of Townsend Drive, won a competition last month for a new Nokia camera phone and, as part of his prize, he was commiss
SNAPPING some night-time scenes earned an amateur photographer from St Albans a spot at a David Bailey exhibition.
Craig Shepheard, 41, of Townsend Drive, won a competition last month for a new Nokia camera phone and, as part of his prize, he was commissioned to take photos of night-time activity to form part of a photography exhibition in London.
The exhibition, Alive at Night, was commissioned by Nokia and was designed to promote the new N86 phone 8MP camera phone. Mr Bailey's photos, all of which were taken on the mobile phone, formed the main part of the exhibition at the Old Dairy near Russell Square last month.
Among the photos Craig showed at the exhibition were one of a railway worker on a late-night shift at St Albans station and others of his work colleagues, who often survey buildings at night-time.
You may also want to watch:
Craig, an engineer consultant, said that it was an honour to have his work shown at the exhibition: "I've been interested in photography ever since the age of 14 and have become more serious about it recently. This competition couldn't have come at a better time and I'm proud of my achievement."
To see all of Craig's work, log on to his photography website www.youhavebeenphotographed.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy