Still time to sign up for St Albans Sleepout tomorrow in aid of homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people will brave the elements tomorrow night to help raise money and awareness of homeless people in St Albans.
The St Albans Sleepout will be held at Oaklands College for the third year running, and is sponsored by Herts Young Homeless.
Activities at the event include building a homeless shelter out of cardboard, hearing from someone who has experienced being homeless and a silent disco.
There will be performances from local musicians, and hot and cold refreshments will be served throughout the night.
The event aims to raise awareness of the 2,000 vulnerable people across the county who face homelessness each year, or are at risk of becoming so.
Participants can still sign up, and receive tips for what to bring on the night and sponsorship advice, at www.hyh.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a parent.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping