Still time to sign up for St Albans Sleepout tomorrow in aid of homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people will brave the elements tomorrow night to help raise money and awareness of homeless people in St Albans.
The St Albans Sleepout will be held at Oaklands College for the third year running, and is sponsored by Herts Young Homeless.
Activities at the event include building a homeless shelter out of cardboard, hearing from someone who has experienced being homeless and a silent disco.
There will be performances from local musicians, and hot and cold refreshments will be served throughout the night.
The event aims to raise awareness of the 2,000 vulnerable people across the county who face homelessness each year, or are at risk of becoming so.
Participants can still sign up, and receive tips for what to bring on the night and sponsorship advice, at www.hyh.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a parent.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'