St Albans homeless charities organising Sleep Out
- Credit: Archant
Several St Albans homeless organisations are once again organising a Sleepout to raise money for charity.
The Sleepout involves people spending a night in a sleeping bag outdoors and is being organised by Open Door, Centre 33, Emmaus, Herts Young Homeless and Living Rooms.
An Open Door spokesperson said: “The Sleepout is a great opportunity to experience something of what it is to sleep rough, as well as raising important funds for local charities.
“We also welcome donations from those who prefer to stay in their own beds.”
The five charities held a market stall on Saturday, October 27 to publicise the Sleepout and raise awareness of their work.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being held on Friday, December 7 between 9pm and 7am at Oaklands College.
To find out more, visit www.stalbanssleepout.org.uk
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team