St Albans homeless charities organising Sleep Out
- Credit: Archant
Several St Albans homeless organisations are once again organising a Sleepout to raise money for charity.
The Sleepout involves people spending a night in a sleeping bag outdoors and is being organised by Open Door, Centre 33, Emmaus, Herts Young Homeless and Living Rooms.
An Open Door spokesperson said: “The Sleepout is a great opportunity to experience something of what it is to sleep rough, as well as raising important funds for local charities.
“We also welcome donations from those who prefer to stay in their own beds.”
The five charities held a market stall on Saturday, October 27 to publicise the Sleepout and raise awareness of their work.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being held on Friday, December 7 between 9pm and 7am at Oaklands College.
To find out more, visit www.stalbanssleepout.org.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly