Update on St Albans shopping centre sponsored puppy
- Credit: Archant
A budding guide puppy, sponsored by a St Albans shopping centre, is nearly ready to progress with her training.
The Maltings has been funding Malty the guide dog’s training since a St George’s Day lunch last April, after winning the sponsorship in a charity auction.
Puppy walker Janet, from Guide Dogs for the Blind, is supervising her training.
She has learnt all the basic commands, is well behaved and only is a little distracted when walking.
The nearly one-year-old pooch loves to socialise with other dogs and is comfortable using the car.
You may also want to watch:
Maltings Centre Manager, Phil Corrigan, said: “It’s great to hear that Malty is doing so well with her training and has learnt so much over the past few months.
“It has been amazing to follow her progress and we are very proud of her. The Guide Dogs for the Blind does such great work, it’s a pleasure to help and offer our support to such a wonderful charity.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match