Update on St Albans shopping centre sponsored puppy
- Credit: Archant
A budding guide puppy, sponsored by a St Albans shopping centre, is nearly ready to progress with her training.
The Maltings has been funding Malty the guide dog’s training since a St George’s Day lunch last April, after winning the sponsorship in a charity auction.
Puppy walker Janet, from Guide Dogs for the Blind, is supervising her training.
She has learnt all the basic commands, is well behaved and only is a little distracted when walking.
The nearly one-year-old pooch loves to socialise with other dogs and is comfortable using the car.
You may also want to watch:
Maltings Centre Manager, Phil Corrigan, said: “It’s great to hear that Malty is doing so well with her training and has learnt so much over the past few months.
“It has been amazing to follow her progress and we are very proud of her. The Guide Dogs for the Blind does such great work, it’s a pleasure to help and offer our support to such a wonderful charity.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden