Update on St Albans shopping centre sponsored puppy
- Credit: Archant
A budding guide puppy, sponsored by a St Albans shopping centre, is nearly ready to progress with her training.
The Maltings has been funding Malty the guide dog’s training since a St George’s Day lunch last April, after winning the sponsorship in a charity auction.
Puppy walker Janet, from Guide Dogs for the Blind, is supervising her training.
She has learnt all the basic commands, is well behaved and only is a little distracted when walking.
The nearly one-year-old pooch loves to socialise with other dogs and is comfortable using the car.
You may also want to watch:
Maltings Centre Manager, Phil Corrigan, said: “It’s great to hear that Malty is doing so well with her training and has learnt so much over the past few months.
“It has been amazing to follow her progress and we are very proud of her. The Guide Dogs for the Blind does such great work, it’s a pleasure to help and offer our support to such a wonderful charity.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold