St Albans shopper reunited with stolen phone
- Credit: Archant
A victim of theft was reunited with her mobile phone moments after it was taken while she was out shopping in St Albans.
Herts Police were called to Boots in St Peter’s Street at around 12.40pm on Wednesday, April 22, after CCTV footage alerted them to a man allegedly acting suspiciously in the store.
A man was stopped and within minutes a woman reported that her mobile phone was missing, but the phone was found after the police did a search.
Ann-Marie Owen, St Albans’ Safer Neighbourhood Team sergeant, said: “This is another great example of our partnership working with St Albans City and District Council’s Community Protection Team.
“Having direct links with each other via the Business Against Crime radio network is invaluable, as it means we are able to respond quickly to reports of suspicious people.
You may also want to watch:
“We regularly have PCSOs and police officers patrolling the high street to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable shopping experience in St Albans but to also act as a deterrent to potential thieves.”
Neil Kieran, the council’s principal community protection officer said: “Tackling pick pockets is a top priority for the Community Safety Partnership and we will all continue to ensure that St Albans is a hostile environment for criminals.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
• Catalin-Dumitru Niculae, 33, of no fixed address, was charged with theft and has been released on bail to appear before Central and West Herts Magistrates Court on Friday, May 8.