St Albans shop donates profits to cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A gift shop in St Albans run by volunteers has raised £180,000 to combat cancer since it opened.
Raindrops on Roses, opposite the Clock Tower, sells a range of brand new items but gives all its profits to charity. Their most recent donation was over £29,000 for Action Against Cancer which was raised through their shop sales.
The funds will go to a breast cancer project that works to understand secondary tumours.
Hilary Craft, OBE and founder of Action Against Cancer, said: “Everyone at Action Against Cancer is thrilled that Raindrops on Roses provide such generous support for our research into better diagnostics and treatments.
“The shop is currently supporting our project to try and prevent secondary tumours for breast cancer patients.
You may also want to watch:
“We are grateful to all of the people involved, the customers and the volunteers who kindly give their time.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'