St Albans shop owner in Potters Bar camel race
- Credit: Archant
SHE may be more at home on the back of a horse but an adventurous St Albans shop owner is bracing herself to mount an animal of a very different kind.
Laura Lilley, who is one of the entrepreneurs behind Carousel The Handbag Boutique, will become a camel jockey for the day and race against other brave competitors for charity.
The 23-year-old, who is fundraising for Herts Air Ambulance, is a keen horse rider but she has never even sat on a camel.
Laura will be given no time to practise or have a trial run, so she is keeping her fingers crossed her camel will not get the hump on competition day.
She said: “One thing I do know is that camels are rather large and I’m preparing to scare myself silly. I am just hoping the Herts Air Ambulance won’t be needed on the day!”
You may also want to watch:
Laura is hoping to raise £500 before the event, which takes place at Northaw Point to Point racecourse near Potters Bar on Monday, May 27.
To sponsor her visit www.justgiving.com/Laura-Lilley or alternatively make a donation in-store at Carousel The Handbag Boutique.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area