St Albans shed fire caused by barbecue embers

Kebabs offer a healthy alternative to barbecues.

Kebabs offer a healthy alternative to barbecues. - Credit: Archant

A shed fire which started while the owners were asleep on Tuesday (17) morning was caused by remnants of a barbecue.

Embers from the coals, which were left in the barbecue appliance, are thought to have blown onto the garden shed at the property in Vesta Avenue, St Albans.

Firefighters were called to the address at about 3am and left the scene at about 4.30am after successfully extinguishing the blaze.

A person from St Albans fire service said that the barbecue owner had done the right thing in leaving the hot coals in the barbecue and not disposing of them elsewhere while they were still hot.

No one was hurt during the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus