Arrest made after ‘serious assault’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has sustained serious injuries following an assault in St Albans this afternoon.
The incident occurred at an address in Central Drive, at the junction with Woodland Drive, at around 12.45pm.
The victim has injuries to his chest and hand, which are serious but not thought to be life threatening. He remains in hospital at this time.
Another man, also aged in his 30s, has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
The people involved are believed to be known to each other and no-one else is being sought in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
For the safety of nearby residents, firearms officers attended the address and the police helicopter was also despatched.
Anyone who saw the assault or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 referencing incident 397 of June 25.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans