Arrest made after ‘serious assault’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has sustained serious injuries following an assault in St Albans this afternoon.
The incident occurred at an address in Central Drive, at the junction with Woodland Drive, at around 12.45pm.
The victim has injuries to his chest and hand, which are serious but not thought to be life threatening. He remains in hospital at this time.
Another man, also aged in his 30s, has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
The people involved are believed to be known to each other and no-one else is being sought in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
For the safety of nearby residents, firearms officers attended the address and the police helicopter was also despatched.
Anyone who saw the assault or has any information is asked to contact police on 101 referencing incident 397 of June 25.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high