St Albans secondary school out of special measures
A ST Albans secondary school has come out of special measures in record time. Francis Bacon School in Drakes Drive, St Albans, learned the news last week just over a year after the government s inspection team Ofsted had put them in special measures.. The
A ST Albans secondary school has come out of special measures in record time.
Francis Bacon School in Drakes Drive, St Albans, learned the news last week just over a year after the government's inspection team Ofsted had put them in special measures..
The decision was taken by Ofsted after the third monitoring visit to the school last week - and head Jacqui Verrall was told that most schools only come out of special measures after six monitoring visits.
She said that there had been great improvements in the areas of concern a year ago and Ofsted was impressed by the level of change at the school.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We are ecstatic, the staff have worked so hard and we are so proud of our students."
Full story in this week's Herts Advertiser.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs