St Albans Sea Cadets celebrate success
- Credit: Photo supplied
Young people across St Albans have been invited to join a local group whose members learn a range of skills, including navigation, kayaking and engineering.
St Albans Sea Cadets last Tuesday (25) held an award ceremony and their biennial Royal Naval inspection.
The group was praised by St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster who watched classes in action, including first aid, seamanship and marine tactical models.
She said: “I am impressed with the way your older cadets support and guide their younger counterparts.”
Cllr Brewster congratulated the group for receiving the Herts district trophy for the best unit in the county for a second year running.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am bowled over by the skills and enthusiasm of your cadets and staff alike. The Sea Cadets offer such great opportunities for young people in St Albans, not only nautical but a range of life skills and self-development.”
Among those receiving accolades was Petty Officer Cadet Alexandra Kataria, awarded Lord Lieutenant Cadet for Herts.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
She will accompany the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Lady Verulam, on official engagements including on parade for Royal visits, when required.
The group welcomes any young person aged between 10 and 18 to join the cadets, who meet at 7.15pm, Tuesday and Friday evenings, at Westminster Lodge.