St Albans Sea Cadets celebrate success
- Credit: Photo supplied
Young people across St Albans have been invited to join a local group whose members learn a range of skills, including navigation, kayaking and engineering.
St Albans Sea Cadets last Tuesday (25) held an award ceremony and their biennial Royal Naval inspection.
The group was praised by St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster who watched classes in action, including first aid, seamanship and marine tactical models.
She said: “I am impressed with the way your older cadets support and guide their younger counterparts.”
Cllr Brewster congratulated the group for receiving the Herts district trophy for the best unit in the county for a second year running.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am bowled over by the skills and enthusiasm of your cadets and staff alike. The Sea Cadets offer such great opportunities for young people in St Albans, not only nautical but a range of life skills and self-development.”
Among those receiving accolades was Petty Officer Cadet Alexandra Kataria, awarded Lord Lieutenant Cadet for Herts.
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 8 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
She will accompany the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Lady Verulam, on official engagements including on parade for Royal visits, when required.
The group welcomes any young person aged between 10 and 18 to join the cadets, who meet at 7.15pm, Tuesday and Friday evenings, at Westminster Lodge.