St Albans Sea Cadets celebrate success
- Credit: Photo supplied
Young people across St Albans have been invited to join a local group whose members learn a range of skills, including navigation, kayaking and engineering.
St Albans Sea Cadets last Tuesday (25) held an award ceremony and their biennial Royal Naval inspection.
The group was praised by St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster who watched classes in action, including first aid, seamanship and marine tactical models.
She said: “I am impressed with the way your older cadets support and guide their younger counterparts.”
Cllr Brewster congratulated the group for receiving the Herts district trophy for the best unit in the county for a second year running.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am bowled over by the skills and enthusiasm of your cadets and staff alike. The Sea Cadets offer such great opportunities for young people in St Albans, not only nautical but a range of life skills and self-development.”
Among those receiving accolades was Petty Officer Cadet Alexandra Kataria, awarded Lord Lieutenant Cadet for Herts.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
She will accompany the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Lady Verulam, on official engagements including on parade for Royal visits, when required.
The group welcomes any young person aged between 10 and 18 to join the cadets, who meet at 7.15pm, Tuesday and Friday evenings, at Westminster Lodge.