St Albans scuba-diver joins in worldwide charity singalong
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans estate agents employee is once again helping to spread festive cheer after taking part in an annual international Christmas video to raise money for charity.
Deborah Catchpole (pictured), who also pens the Herts Ad’s gardening column, has joined in a worldwide collaborative cover of the Shakin’ Stevens classic Merry Christmas Everyone.
Dan Coffey, who organised, recorded and edited the video, asked more than 70 old school friends and family members from around the globe to submit videos of themselves singing a line from the popular festive song, in the hope of raising £1,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
The video is set against music performed by some of London’s top session musicians, all eager to come together and celebrate Christmas.
Deborah, who works at Strutt and Parker estate agents in St Peter’s Street, made her section of the video while scubadiving in Tenerife.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It really has been incredible, bringing together people from across the world.
“The girls from school are desperate to be on next year’s, it’s the real meaning of Christmas in my mind!”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival for the seven young people aged 13 to 24 diagnosed with cancer every day.
The charity funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals and provides dedicated staff, bringing young people together so they can be treated by experts in the best place for them.
The sucess of the video follows on from previous collaborations in aid of Action Against Hunger UK and homeless charity Crisis UK.
To donate please visit http://justgiving.com/dancoffey2014, and to watch the full video see http://youtu.be/IriJOjKEnVc