St Albans scouts launching expedition to Namibia
- Credit: Archant
St Albans explorer scouts will be launching an expedition to Namibia later this week.
An advance group left for the African nation on Wednesday, ahead of the main expedition group on Saturday.
Expedition leader and explorer scout leader Gavin Bray said: “These expeditions are not a holiday, they involve life-changing experiences working with local contacts to do service work in the country and for young people to learn about the host country.”
The aims of the expedition are to enable the scouts to visit the country they might otherwise not, enable their personal development, and encourage them to become expedition leaders in the future.
The group have organised the expedition themselves, with help from stringers in Namibia.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the expedition, visit www.facebook.com/phoenixexpeditions
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 8 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?