St Albans scouts launching expedition to Namibia
- Credit: Archant
St Albans explorer scouts will be launching an expedition to Namibia later this week.
An advance group left for the African nation on Wednesday, ahead of the main expedition group on Saturday.
Expedition leader and explorer scout leader Gavin Bray said: “These expeditions are not a holiday, they involve life-changing experiences working with local contacts to do service work in the country and for young people to learn about the host country.”
The aims of the expedition are to enable the scouts to visit the country they might otherwise not, enable their personal development, and encourage them to become expedition leaders in the future.
The group have organised the expedition themselves, with help from stringers in Namibia.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the expedition, visit www.facebook.com/phoenixexpeditions
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure