St Albans scouts launching expedition to Namibia
- Credit: Archant
St Albans explorer scouts will be launching an expedition to Namibia later this week.
An advance group left for the African nation on Wednesday, ahead of the main expedition group on Saturday.
Expedition leader and explorer scout leader Gavin Bray said: “These expeditions are not a holiday, they involve life-changing experiences working with local contacts to do service work in the country and for young people to learn about the host country.”
The aims of the expedition are to enable the scouts to visit the country they might otherwise not, enable their personal development, and encourage them to become expedition leaders in the future.
The group have organised the expedition themselves, with help from stringers in Namibia.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the expedition, visit www.facebook.com/phoenixexpeditions
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations