St Albans Scouts to attend European Scout Jamboree
- Credit: Archant
Two scouts from St Albans district have been chosen to represent the UK at the European Scout Jamboree in Poland.
Lucy Watts and Flo O'Byrne, both 13, will join other young people from Hertfordshire at the jamboree in Gdansk, Poland from Monday, July 27 to Thursday, August 6.
There has not been a European Scout Jamboree since the UK last hosted 'Eurojam' in 2005, and President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda will be honorary patron of the event.
Scouts will be encouraged to interact with others scouts from different cultures and countries and who speak different languages, and will take part in a variety of training sessions, camps and activities.
The event aims to teach the scouts to be active citizens of both Europe and the world.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy, who goes to Marlborough School, and Flo, who attends Loreto College, will also be fundraising for the jamboree among their groups.
- 1 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 4 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 9 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 10 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields