St Albans Scouts to attend European Scout Jamboree
- Credit: Archant
Two scouts from St Albans district have been chosen to represent the UK at the European Scout Jamboree in Poland.
Lucy Watts and Flo O'Byrne, both 13, will join other young people from Hertfordshire at the jamboree in Gdansk, Poland from Monday, July 27 to Thursday, August 6.
There has not been a European Scout Jamboree since the UK last hosted 'Eurojam' in 2005, and President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda will be honorary patron of the event.
Scouts will be encouraged to interact with others scouts from different cultures and countries and who speak different languages, and will take part in a variety of training sessions, camps and activities.
The event aims to teach the scouts to be active citizens of both Europe and the world.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy, who goes to Marlborough School, and Flo, who attends Loreto College, will also be fundraising for the jamboree among their groups.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 5 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead