St Albans scoops haul of retail awards
- Credit: Archant
The independent businesses of St Albans have won 10 out of 28 categories in the Muddy Stiletto Hertfordshire Retail Awards.
The awards were voted for by 8,000 shoppers from across the county, and aim to promote the best local businesses within Hertfordshire.
Among the St Albans winners were Sopwell House Hotel for Best Large Hotel and Day Spa, Elizabeth Kaloczi for Best Fitness Instructor and Fleetville Vintage Emporium for Best Emporium.
St Albans also had great success in the food categories with Inn on the Park winning Best Café, Buongiorno Italia winning Best Deli and Little Marrakech taking the top spot in the category of Best World Food.
In the drinks categories, Mokoko Cocktail Bar won Best Bar with Dylans at The Kings Arms triumphing in Best Destination Pub.
You may also want to watch:
Perfect Moment Florist in Marshalswick, were victors in the Best Florist category, winning out over four competitors.
Co-owner Sam Yearley said: “It’s really great to be recognised for all the hard work we put into our businesses, especially when they are voted for by the public. I think the large number of winners from St Albans reflects just how many great local, independent businesses we have here.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor