St Albans scoops haul of retail awards
- Credit: Archant
The independent businesses of St Albans have won 10 out of 28 categories in the Muddy Stiletto Hertfordshire Retail Awards.
The awards were voted for by 8,000 shoppers from across the county, and aim to promote the best local businesses within Hertfordshire.
Among the St Albans winners were Sopwell House Hotel for Best Large Hotel and Day Spa, Elizabeth Kaloczi for Best Fitness Instructor and Fleetville Vintage Emporium for Best Emporium.
St Albans also had great success in the food categories with Inn on the Park winning Best Café, Buongiorno Italia winning Best Deli and Little Marrakech taking the top spot in the category of Best World Food.
In the drinks categories, Mokoko Cocktail Bar won Best Bar with Dylans at The Kings Arms triumphing in Best Destination Pub.
You may also want to watch:
Perfect Moment Florist in Marshalswick, were victors in the Best Florist category, winning out over four competitors.
Co-owner Sam Yearley said: “It’s really great to be recognised for all the hard work we put into our businesses, especially when they are voted for by the public. I think the large number of winners from St Albans reflects just how many great local, independent businesses we have here.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears