St Albans schools enter Dragon’s Apprentice
ST ALBANS Girls School got stuck into the 2013 local Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge last Thursday, marking the initiative’s official launch.
Teams of apprentices were matched up with dragons and given their CVS member organisation through a draw by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Eileen Harris, and Deputy Mayor of Welwyn & Hatfield, Cllr Howard Morgan.
Over the next five months the teams will use their skills and creativity to develop business ideas and turn �100 into �1,000 or more for a charity or community group.
This year, 27 teams from 13 schools and colleges across St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn, Hatfield and Potters Bar are competing in the challenge.
In the three years since it began, teams have made almost �50,000 for 29 local charities and community groups in the St Albans district. The total raised last year was �34,606.
You may also want to watch:
Penny Mortimer, project manager of Connect St Albans Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge, said: “We’re delighted that this year the Challenge is bigger than ever; even more charities and community groups will benefit.”
She added: “Everyone wins; the young participating teams gain valuable experience and work related skills including time keeping, communications, planning, budgeting and marketing; the charities benefit from much needed income and additional exposure; and local businesses get a real chance to become closely involved with their local schools and communities.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
For more information visit http://dragonsapprenticechallenge.com/