St Albans schools enter Dragon’s Apprentice
ST ALBANS Girls School got stuck into the 2013 local Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge last Thursday, marking the initiative’s official launch.
Teams of apprentices were matched up with dragons and given their CVS member organisation through a draw by the Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Eileen Harris, and Deputy Mayor of Welwyn & Hatfield, Cllr Howard Morgan.
Over the next five months the teams will use their skills and creativity to develop business ideas and turn �100 into �1,000 or more for a charity or community group.
This year, 27 teams from 13 schools and colleges across St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn, Hatfield and Potters Bar are competing in the challenge.
In the three years since it began, teams have made almost �50,000 for 29 local charities and community groups in the St Albans district. The total raised last year was �34,606.
You may also want to watch:
Penny Mortimer, project manager of Connect St Albans Dragons’ Apprentice Challenge, said: “We’re delighted that this year the Challenge is bigger than ever; even more charities and community groups will benefit.”
She added: “Everyone wins; the young participating teams gain valuable experience and work related skills including time keeping, communications, planning, budgeting and marketing; the charities benefit from much needed income and additional exposure; and local businesses get a real chance to become closely involved with their local schools and communities.”
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 8 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 9 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 10 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
For more information visit http://dragonsapprenticechallenge.com/