St Albans schools come together to celebrate dance
- Credit: Archant
Schools have joined together to celebrate dance with an evening of performances.
St Albans Girls School and Skyswood Primary School in St Albans were among 13 educational establishments that filled the Sandpit Theatre at Sandringham School in Marshalswick last Wednesday (13) for the Dance Through Education performance.
The aim of the evening was to highlight the importance of studying and teaching dance as a subject.
The show included original student choreography and BTEC pieces with different themes running through the night from homelessness to the exploration of Japanese gardens.
The organiser of the event, Clare Meeking, said: “I am thoroughly pleased with how the event took shape and with so many schools involved from the Home Counties.
You may also want to watch:
“The evening was a great celebration of dance and it was amazing to see so many talented performers in one show.
“We are already looking forward to next year.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden