St Albans schools come together to celebrate dance
- Credit: Archant
Schools have joined together to celebrate dance with an evening of performances.
St Albans Girls School and Skyswood Primary School in St Albans were among 13 educational establishments that filled the Sandpit Theatre at Sandringham School in Marshalswick last Wednesday (13) for the Dance Through Education performance.
The aim of the evening was to highlight the importance of studying and teaching dance as a subject.
The show included original student choreography and BTEC pieces with different themes running through the night from homelessness to the exploration of Japanese gardens.
The organiser of the event, Clare Meeking, said: “I am thoroughly pleased with how the event took shape and with so many schools involved from the Home Counties.
You may also want to watch:
“The evening was a great celebration of dance and it was amazing to see so many talented performers in one show.
“We are already looking forward to next year.”
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery