St Albans schools come together to celebrate dance
- Credit: Archant
Schools have joined together to celebrate dance with an evening of performances.
St Albans Girls School and Skyswood Primary School in St Albans were among 13 educational establishments that filled the Sandpit Theatre at Sandringham School in Marshalswick last Wednesday (13) for the Dance Through Education performance.
The aim of the evening was to highlight the importance of studying and teaching dance as a subject.
The show included original student choreography and BTEC pieces with different themes running through the night from homelessness to the exploration of Japanese gardens.
The organiser of the event, Clare Meeking, said: “I am thoroughly pleased with how the event took shape and with so many schools involved from the Home Counties.
You may also want to watch:
“The evening was a great celebration of dance and it was amazing to see so many talented performers in one show.
“We are already looking forward to next year.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure