St Albans schoolgirls make a splash by raising £700 with swimathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans schoolgirls made a splash with their swimathon fundraiser for cancer.
Pupils at St Albans High School For Girls - Eloise Thomas, Emelia Murray, Mimi Martha Clinch and Paloma Lee - organised the event as part of their yearly summer charity challenge.
The swimathon saw younger participants complete a mile and older girls take on 100 lengths of the 25m Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre pool.
It all raised £700 for Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Westminster Lodge general manager Lesley Garner said: "It was amazing to watch the girls take on the challenge and raise so much money for such a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
"They should be extremely proud of their efforts and we wholeheartedly encourage everyone to continue donating to the fund. What a lovely school project!"
Donate at https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/sensational-swimmers
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease