St Albans schoolgirls make a splash by raising £700 with swimathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans schoolgirls made a splash with their swimathon fundraiser for cancer.
Pupils at St Albans High School For Girls - Eloise Thomas, Emelia Murray, Mimi Martha Clinch and Paloma Lee - organised the event as part of their yearly summer charity challenge.
The swimathon saw younger participants complete a mile and older girls take on 100 lengths of the 25m Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre pool.
It all raised £700 for Cancer Research UK and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Westminster Lodge general manager Lesley Garner said: "It was amazing to watch the girls take on the challenge and raise so much money for such a worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
"They should be extremely proud of their efforts and we wholeheartedly encourage everyone to continue donating to the fund. What a lovely school project!"
Donate at https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/sensational-swimmers
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant