St Albans schoolchildren were those lost in Brecon Beacons
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Reports have surfaced that a group of schoolchildren from St Albans were lost in the Brecon Beacons, but have since been found.
BBC reported this afternoon (Wednesday) that a group of children from St Albans Boys School have been found by rescuers following a search for four groups of six children who went missing during their Duke of Edinburgh.
Thought to be in their mid-teens, the children went missing near Llyn y Fan Fach, near Abercraf in the Brecon Beacon and police were made aware they were missing at about 1pm.
The BBC reported that they were not accompanied by an adult and although the rescuers knew the area they were in, the children were ‘lost in the clouds’.
Following a search by the Mountain Rescue Team and the Coastguards helicopter crew all 26 children have since been found uninjured.
A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesperson said: “We are pleased to confirm that following the search and rescue operation on the Brecon Beacons this afternoon, all 26 members of the party involved have been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also very pleasing that no one was injured, but as a precaution they are being taken to hospital to be checked. The Mountain Rescue Team and the Coastguards helicopter crew are to be thanked for this successful search and rescue operation.”
It is believed that all those involved were from St Albans, as reported by the Brecon & Radnor Express.
Do you know anyone involved? Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to