St Albans schoolchildren were those lost in Brecon Beacons
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Reports have surfaced that a group of schoolchildren from St Albans were lost in the Brecon Beacons, but have since been found.
BBC reported this afternoon (Wednesday) that a group of children from St Albans Boys School have been found by rescuers following a search for four groups of six children who went missing during their Duke of Edinburgh.
Thought to be in their mid-teens, the children went missing near Llyn y Fan Fach, near Abercraf in the Brecon Beacon and police were made aware they were missing at about 1pm.
The BBC reported that they were not accompanied by an adult and although the rescuers knew the area they were in, the children were ‘lost in the clouds’.
Following a search by the Mountain Rescue Team and the Coastguards helicopter crew all 26 children have since been found uninjured.
A Dyfed-Powys Police spokesperson said: “We are pleased to confirm that following the search and rescue operation on the Brecon Beacons this afternoon, all 26 members of the party involved have been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also very pleasing that no one was injured, but as a precaution they are being taken to hospital to be checked. The Mountain Rescue Team and the Coastguards helicopter crew are to be thanked for this successful search and rescue operation.”
It is believed that all those involved were from St Albans, as reported by the Brecon & Radnor Express.
Do you know anyone involved? Please get in touch: email@example.com
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans