St Albans schoolboy unicyclist strikes gold
AN ACROBATIC teenager from St Albans scaled new heights in aid of his Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Award. Pascoe Harvey, aged 17, of Charmouth Road, travelled to London last week to collect his Gold Award from DofE Trustee HRH The Earl of Wessex at a St James
AN ACROBATIC teenager from St Albans scaled new heights in aid of his Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Award.
Pascoe Harvey, aged 17, of Charmouth Road, travelled to London last week to collect his Gold Award from DofE Trustee HRH The Earl of Wessex at a St James's Palace ceremony.
Pascoe, a sixth-former at Verulam Secondary School, spent 18 months completing a range of activities for the award and, to demonstrate his ability to learn new skills, he even learnt how to ride a five-foot unicycle, known as a Giraffe.
Pascoe's mother Claire Harvey said that she was impressed by her son's talent: "It's an unusual task to set yourself and Pascoe has impressed us all with his new-found skill. It's certainly got him noticed around St Albans and many people have nearly crashed their cars whilst staring at him!"
You may also want to watch:
Pascoe, who also helped out at a Silver Surfers Club in St Albans and trekked through the rainforests of New Zealand as part of the award, said that he has enjoyed his DofE experience: "I learnt a lot through DofE and the best part was the expedition. I'll never forget the wildlife and scenery of New Zealand, and getting to know the Maoris was a very special experience.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 10 8 countries added to UK green travel list