St Albans schoolboy features in Scorsese’s Hugo
AN ASPIRING actor from St Albans can currently be seen on the big screen starring in Martin Scorsese’s latest blockbuster, Hugo.
Shaun Aylward, 13, and currently a pupil at Top Hat Stage School, stars as a street kid in the movie which hit cinemas nationwide earlier this month.
The film stars Ben Kingsley, Ray Winstone, Sacha Baron Cohen and Jude Law. Set in 1930s Paris, the film centres on an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station and becomes immersed in a mystery involving his late father and a robot.
Shaun, who has just finished filming in Vienna and Austria in a new feature film called The Boundary Man, said: “I can’t believe I had this amazing opportunity to be directed by Mr Martin Scorsese. The film is in 3D and I’m sure it will wow people with its delightful magical story.”
Principal of Top Hat Stage School, Warren Bacci, said: “We are all so proud of Shaun. He has done ever so well and he deserves all the success as he is an amazingly talented young actor, destined for big things.”
You may also want to watch:
Shaun’s parents said they were delighted with their son’s success and thanked Marlborough School, where Shaun is a pupil, for their encouragement and support.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park