St Albans schoolboy features in Scorsese’s Hugo
AN ASPIRING actor from St Albans can currently be seen on the big screen starring in Martin Scorsese’s latest blockbuster, Hugo.
Shaun Aylward, 13, and currently a pupil at Top Hat Stage School, stars as a street kid in the movie which hit cinemas nationwide earlier this month.
The film stars Ben Kingsley, Ray Winstone, Sacha Baron Cohen and Jude Law. Set in 1930s Paris, the film centres on an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station and becomes immersed in a mystery involving his late father and a robot.
Shaun, who has just finished filming in Vienna and Austria in a new feature film called The Boundary Man, said: “I can’t believe I had this amazing opportunity to be directed by Mr Martin Scorsese. The film is in 3D and I’m sure it will wow people with its delightful magical story.”
Principal of Top Hat Stage School, Warren Bacci, said: “We are all so proud of Shaun. He has done ever so well and he deserves all the success as he is an amazingly talented young actor, destined for big things.”
You may also want to watch:
Shaun’s parents said they were delighted with their son’s success and thanked Marlborough School, where Shaun is a pupil, for their encouragement and support.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 8 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 9 When will the election results be counted in Herts?