St Albans schoolboy becomes new face of Cadbury advert
- Credit: Photo supplied
A young schoolboy from St Albans has become the face – and voice – of a nationwide advertising and television campaign for a well-known chocolate brand.
Nine-year-old Ilirian Bushi, a pupil at Wheatfields Junior School in Downes Road, can be seen on posters all over the UK, including in St Albans.
The lad is also in TV idents – the video shorts that play before a programme starts – after he landed a role in a £4.5 million Cadbury campaign to promote a new product.
The idents appear as part of a sponsorship deal for Saturday night prime-time programme Let Me Entertain You, hosted on ITV by Michael Underwood.
Ilirian’s mum, Ros, said that he was on set for three days, two days of which were spent filming for television, and a third day for the poster campaign stills shoot.
You may also want to watch:
She explained: “Ilirian plays the role of a strong man who is hidden up his TV dad’s jumper as he provides the muscly arms, and Ilirian pretends to be a T-Rex with a T-Rex voice.”
Ros said that her son, “loved every minute of being on set and is enjoying his new-found fame.”
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
She added: “The headteacher of Wheatfields, Lyndon Evans, was very proud of Ilirian’s achievement and when he had spotted one of the posters in St Albans, took a photo and showed it to the whole school in assembly.”
Her son is a student at stage school Top Hat and is also with children’s talent agency Top Talent. Ilirian’s agent Warren Bacci, director of the St Albans-based agency, described him as, “a very talented young boy”.
He added: “Ilirian has also appeared in an internet commercial for a Samsung camera which had more than 13 million views. I have no doubt that he is a star in the making.”