St Albans school unveils new sports hall
- Credit: Archant
The unveiling of a school’s new sports hall took place this weekend.
Beaumont School, in Oakwood Drive, St Albans, opened its new hall at 10am on Saturday.
Built around the hall are 11 new IT-enhanced classrooms, a fitness suite and conference facilities.
A tree planting ceremony took place at 11am involving students who have competed in sports to a county or national level.
Headteacher, Elizabeth Hitch, said: “The new sports hall and classrooms certainly have a wow factor.
You may also want to watch:
“All of us at Beaumont are absolutely thrilled with the completion of this project and look forward to using these outstanding facilities to ensure exceptional outcomes for our students as well as making the facilities available to the local community.”
See next week’s Herts Advertiser for pictures from the event.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25