St Albans school unveils new sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A school’s new sports hall complex has been unveiled by an Olympic team manager.
Beaumont School, in Oakwood Drive, St Albans, welcomed the manager of the Great Britain Men’s Olympic Hockey Team, Andy Halliday, who unveiled a commemorative plaque, officially opening the new facilities.
Students were later joined by Will Fraser, rugby player for Saracens, to celebrate the opening.
The development consists of a new sports hall with 11 IT-enhanced classrooms built around it, a fitness suite and conference facilities.
Parents and residents were invited to visit the new complex the following day and a tree-planting ceremony took place.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Elizabeth Hitch, said: “I am absolutely delighted that the new sports hall at Beaumont School is now open.
“It was a pleasure to welcome our distinguished guests, colleagues and alumni to the opening ceremonies and give them the opportunity to view the wonderful facilities for themselves.”
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area