St Albans school unveils new sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A school’s new sports hall complex has been unveiled by an Olympic team manager.
Beaumont School, in Oakwood Drive, St Albans, welcomed the manager of the Great Britain Men’s Olympic Hockey Team, Andy Halliday, who unveiled a commemorative plaque, officially opening the new facilities.
Students were later joined by Will Fraser, rugby player for Saracens, to celebrate the opening.
The development consists of a new sports hall with 11 IT-enhanced classrooms built around it, a fitness suite and conference facilities.
Parents and residents were invited to visit the new complex the following day and a tree-planting ceremony took place.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Elizabeth Hitch, said: “I am absolutely delighted that the new sports hall at Beaumont School is now open.
“It was a pleasure to welcome our distinguished guests, colleagues and alumni to the opening ceremonies and give them the opportunity to view the wonderful facilities for themselves.”
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 10 County council results by St Albans division in full