St Albans school unveils new sports complex
- Credit: Archant
A school’s new sports hall complex has been unveiled by an Olympic team manager.
Beaumont School, in Oakwood Drive, St Albans, welcomed the manager of the Great Britain Men’s Olympic Hockey Team, Andy Halliday, who unveiled a commemorative plaque, officially opening the new facilities.
Students were later joined by Will Fraser, rugby player for Saracens, to celebrate the opening.
The development consists of a new sports hall with 11 IT-enhanced classrooms built around it, a fitness suite and conference facilities.
Parents and residents were invited to visit the new complex the following day and a tree-planting ceremony took place.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Elizabeth Hitch, said: “I am absolutely delighted that the new sports hall at Beaumont School is now open.
“It was a pleasure to welcome our distinguished guests, colleagues and alumni to the opening ceremonies and give them the opportunity to view the wonderful facilities for themselves.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions