St Albans school's perfect playtime
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground. Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment. �25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students Association and capital funding for t
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground.
Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment.
�25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students' Association and capital funding for the scheme and the opening was the culmination of two years hard work and planning by staff and pupils.
St Albans Mayor, Cllr Chris Oxley, who attended the opening said: "The equipment they have obtained through their huge effort to raise money will be a delight for many years to come. I wish them well in their next venture for the second phase of the project."
You may also want to watch:
The school's aim now is to raise enough money for the next phase of the plan - adding a second piece of equipment which will cost a further �15,000.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared