St Albans school's perfect playtime
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground. Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment. �25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students Association and capital funding for t
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground.
Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment.
�25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students' Association and capital funding for the scheme and the opening was the culmination of two years hard work and planning by staff and pupils.
St Albans Mayor, Cllr Chris Oxley, who attended the opening said: "The equipment they have obtained through their huge effort to raise money will be a delight for many years to come. I wish them well in their next venture for the second phase of the project."
You may also want to watch:
The school's aim now is to raise enough money for the next phase of the plan - adding a second piece of equipment which will cost a further �15,000.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador