St Albans school's perfect playtime
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground. Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment. �25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students Association and capital funding for t
Playtime for pupils has improved with the opening of a new playground.
Watling View special school in St Albans has unveiled its brand new all-inclusive play equipment.
�25,000 was raised by the Parents and Students' Association and capital funding for the scheme and the opening was the culmination of two years hard work and planning by staff and pupils.
St Albans Mayor, Cllr Chris Oxley, who attended the opening said: "The equipment they have obtained through their huge effort to raise money will be a delight for many years to come. I wish them well in their next venture for the second phase of the project."
You may also want to watch:
The school's aim now is to raise enough money for the next phase of the plan - adding a second piece of equipment which will cost a further �15,000.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 9 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten