Post-Christmas Santa Hunt kicks off in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Children can hunt for Santa in a post-Christmas festive game around a Marshalswick woodland this morning.
The Woodland Trust’s St Albans Local Support Group are holding a Santa Hunt today, where youngsters can win a chocolate prize if they find five different yuletide tokens in The Wick.
An organiser, Rita Waldron, said: “It is a good excuse to get out in the fresh air and for the children to get rid of their excess energy running around the wood collecting hidden tokens.”
She advised participants to wear suitable clothing, such as wellies.
It takes place from 10am to 12pm today, via the woodland’s Marshal’s Drive entrance.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is 50p and all proceeds will go towards the Woodland Trust - a charity which works to restore ancient woodland and protect, campaign for, and plant new trees.
It manages Heartwood Forest in Sandridge.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets