St Albans photographer runner-up in RSPCA competition
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans teenager has received a prize in RSPCA’s youth photo competition.
Molly Charnock, 13, came runner-up out of more than 4,700 entries across England and Wales in the 12-15 Mobile Phone and Devices category with her entry: ‘Puppy’.
The RSPCA invited young people under the age of 18 to take photos of the animal kingdom for this year’s Young Photographer Award.
The competition was judged by a panel of experts in the field, including RSPCA Vice President and Springwatch presenter Chris Packham.
Reflecting on the calibre of the entrants, Packham said: “There are some beautiful pictures in this year’s winners’ gallery, with real talent shining through.”
You may also want to watch:
The winners were announced at an awards ceremony held at the Tower of London yesterday.
All the winning images can be seen at: young.rspca.org.uk/ypa/galleries
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'