Major roadworks to cause ‘significant delays’ in St Albans, towards Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Major roadworks to replace gas pipelines under a busy St Albans road will cause “significant disruption” for two months.
Between June 29 and August 24, Cadent Gas is working to replace the mains beneath Hatfield Road, A1057, and temporary traffic lights will be in place.
The signals, at the Oaklands Lane junction and the entrance to the Alban Park industrial estate, will be manually operated between 6am and 8pm to respond to traffic flows.
However, Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) expect "significant delays during peak times".
HCC cabinet member for highways, Cllr Phil Bibby, said: "Utility companies often need to carry out work on the highway and it's our role to make sure these are properly managed and coordinated.
You may also want to watch:
"We've permitted these works to take place over the summer to minimise disruption as traffic is lighter over the school summer holidays."
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets