St Albans road markings left illegible and half completed
- Credit: Archant
Contractors repainting markings on a St Albans road seem to have given up half way through, an incredulous local resident has noticed.
The Keep Clear marks on Watsons Walk have only been half redone - leaving illegible lines on the road.
A Sopwell man, who wished to remain anonymous, said he laughed out loud when he saw the state of the road.
He added: “I guess somebody else is responsible for road painting. Funny? Incredible, certainly.”
A Hertfordshire County Council spokesperson said they will be repainted once resurfacing is complete: “These road markings were carried out by a utility company during the process of reinstatement.
You may also want to watch:
“We are currently planning to resurface this road as part of our 2018/19 capital works programme.
“We would like to thank local residents for their patience.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals