St Albans road markings left illegible and half completed
- Credit: Archant
Contractors repainting markings on a St Albans road seem to have given up half way through, an incredulous local resident has noticed.
The Keep Clear marks on Watsons Walk have only been half redone - leaving illegible lines on the road.
A Sopwell man, who wished to remain anonymous, said he laughed out loud when he saw the state of the road.
He added: “I guess somebody else is responsible for road painting. Funny? Incredible, certainly.”
A Hertfordshire County Council spokesperson said they will be repainted once resurfacing is complete: “These road markings were carried out by a utility company during the process of reinstatement.
You may also want to watch:
“We are currently planning to resurface this road as part of our 2018/19 capital works programme.
“We would like to thank local residents for their patience.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant