St Albans retirement development wins national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans retirement development has won a national award out of more than 1,000 nominations.
Davis Court on Marlborough Road has bagged the Silver Award at the eighth annual Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) Awards 2019.
It was chosen by about 19,000 people who voted for their favourite development between November 2018 and February 2019.
Managed by Millstream Management Services (MMS), Davis Court is a collection of one and two bedroom apartments for over 60s.
Managing director of MMS, Dean Marlow, said: "Since the award is voted for by our owners, colleagues, visitors and volunteers, it shows that everyone is very happy with the way the development is being run."
You may also want to watch:
EAC's chief executive, John Galvin, said specialist housing is "enormously significant" in helping people to remain independent.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping