St Albans retirement development wins national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans retirement development has won a national award out of more than 1,000 nominations.
Davis Court on Marlborough Road has bagged the Silver Award at the eighth annual Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) Awards 2019.
It was chosen by about 19,000 people who voted for their favourite development between November 2018 and February 2019.
Managed by Millstream Management Services (MMS), Davis Court is a collection of one and two bedroom apartments for over 60s.
Managing director of MMS, Dean Marlow, said: "Since the award is voted for by our owners, colleagues, visitors and volunteers, it shows that everyone is very happy with the way the development is being run."
You may also want to watch:
EAC's chief executive, John Galvin, said specialist housing is "enormously significant" in helping people to remain independent.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to