St Albans retirement development wins national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans retirement development has won a national award out of more than 1,000 nominations.
Davis Court on Marlborough Road has bagged the Silver Award at the eighth annual Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) Awards 2019.
It was chosen by about 19,000 people who voted for their favourite development between November 2018 and February 2019.
Managed by Millstream Management Services (MMS), Davis Court is a collection of one and two bedroom apartments for over 60s.
Managing director of MMS, Dean Marlow, said: "Since the award is voted for by our owners, colleagues, visitors and volunteers, it shows that everyone is very happy with the way the development is being run."
You may also want to watch:
EAC's chief executive, John Galvin, said specialist housing is "enormously significant" in helping people to remain independent.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure